Terms of Service
Use of our open source analytics and data visualization platform is governed by the Preset Software Subscription Terms of Service (or other separate written agreement between you and Preset, if applicable). Please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
Agreement to Terms. By using our Site, you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you don’t agree to be bound by these Terms, do not use the Site.
Changes to these Terms or the Site. We may update the Terms from time to time in our sole discretion. If we do, we’ll let you know by posting the updated Terms on the Site and may also send other communications. It’s important that you review the Terms whenever we update them or you use the Site. If you continue to use the Site after we have posted updated Terms it means that you accept and agree to the changes. If you don’t agree to be bound by the changes, you may not use the Site anymore. Because our Site are evolving over time we may change or discontinue all or any part of the Site, at any time and without notice, at our sole discretion.
Who May Use the Site? You may use the Site only if you are 18 years or older and capable of forming a binding contract with Preset, and not otherwise barred from using the Site under applicable law. For certain features of the Site you’ll need an account. It’s important that you provide us with accurate, complete and current account information and keep this information up to date. If you don’t, we might have to suspend or terminate your account. To protect your account, keep the account details and password confidential, and notify us right away of any unauthorized use. You’re responsible for all activities that occur under your account.
Feedback. We appreciate feedback, comments, ideas, proposals and suggestions for improvements to the Site (“Feedback”). If you choose to submit Feedback, you agree that we are free to use it without any restriction or compensation to you.
- Posting Content. Our Site may allow you to store or share content such as text, files, documents, graphics, images or software. Anything (other than Feedback) that you post or otherwise make available through the Site is referred to as “User Content”. Preset does not claim any ownership rights in any User Content and nothing in these Terms will be deemed to restrict any rights that you may have to your User Content.
- Permissions to Your User Content. By making any User Content available through the Site you hereby grant to Preset a non-exclusive, transferable, worldwide, royalty-free license, with the right to sublicense, to use, copy, and modify your User Content in connection with operating and providing the Site.
- Your Responsibility for User Content. You are solely responsible for all your User Content. You represent and warrant that you have (and will have) all rights that are necessary to grant us the license rights in your User Content under these Terms. You represent and warrant that neither your User Content, nor your use and provision of your User Content to be made available through the Site, nor any use of your User Content by Preset on or through the Site will infringe, misappropriate or violate a third party’s intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy, or result in the violation of any applicable law or regulation.
- Removal of User Content. You can request deletion of your User Content pursuant to applicable law. You should know that in certain instances, some of your User Content may not be completely removed and copies of your User Content may continue to exist on the Site. To the maximum extent permitted by law, we are not responsible or liable for the removal or deletion of (or the failure to remove or delete) any of your User Content.
- Preset’s Intellectual Property; Reservation of Rights. We may make available through the Site content that is subject to intellectual property rights. We retain all rights to that content. Preset and its licensors exclusively own all right, title and interest in and to the Site, including all associated intellectual property rights. You acknowledge that the Site are protected by copyright, trademark, and other laws of the United States and foreign countries. You agree not to remove, alter or obscure any copyright, trademark, service mark or other proprietary rights notices incorporated in or accompanying the Site.
General Prohibitions and Preset’s Enforcement Rights. You agree not to do any of the following:
- Post, upload, publish, submit or transmit any content that: (i) infringes, misappropriates or violates a third party’s patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, moral rights or other intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy; (ii) violates, or encourages any conduct that would violate, any applicable law or regulation or would give rise to civil liability; (iii) is fraudulent, false, misleading or deceptive;
- Use, display, mirror or frame the Site or any individual element within the Site, Preset’s name, any Preset trademark, logo or other proprietary information, or the layout and design of any page or form contained on a page, without Preset’s express written consent;
- Access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of the Site, Preset’s computer systems, or the technical delivery systems of Preset’s providers;
- Attempt to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of any Preset system or network or breach any security or authentication measures;
- Avoid, bypass, remove, deactivate, impair, descramble or otherwise circumvent any technological measure implemented by Preset or any of Preset’s providers or any other third party (including another user) to protect the Site;
- Attempt to access or search the Site or download content from the Site using any engine, software, tool, agent, device or mechanism (including spiders, robots, crawlers, data mining tools or the like) other than the software and/or search agents provided by Preset or other generally available third-party web browsers;
- Use any meta tags or other hidden text or metadata utilizing a Preset trademark, logo URL or product name without Preset’s express written consent;
- Use the Site, or any portion thereof, for the benefit of any third party or in any manner not permitted by these Terms;
- Attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any of the software used to provide the Site;
- Interfere with, or attempt to interfere with, the access of any user, host or network, including, without limitation, sending a virus, overloading, flooding, spamming, or mail-bombing the Site;
- Collect or store any personally identifiable information from the Site from other users of the Site without their express permission;
- Impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity;
- Violate any applicable law or regulation; or
- Encourage or enable any other individual to do any of the foregoing.
Preset is not obligated to monitor access to or use of the Site or to review or edit any content. However, we have the right to do so for the purpose of operating the Site, to ensure compliance with these Terms and to comply with applicable law or other legal requirements. We reserve the right, but are not obligated, to remove or disable access to any content, at any time and without notice, including, but not limited to, if we, at our sole discretion, consider it objectionable or in violation of these Terms. We have the right to investigate violations of these Terms or conduct that affects the Site. We may also consult and cooperate with law enforcement authorities to prosecute users who violate the law.
Links to Third Party Websites or Resources. The Site may allow you to access third-party websites or other resources. We provide access only as a convenience and are not responsible for the content, products or services on or available from those resources or links displayed on such websites. You acknowledge sole responsibility for and assume all risk arising from, your use of any third-party resources.
Termination. We may terminate your access to and use of the Site, at our sole discretion, at any time and without notice to you. [You may cancel your account at any time by sending us an email at email@example.com]. Upon any termination, discontinuation or cancellation of the Site or your account, the following Sections will survive: 9, 10, 11, 12 and 13.
Warranty Disclaimers. THE SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS,” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, WE EXPLICITLY DISCLAIM ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, QUIET ENJOYMENT AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND ANY WARRANTIES ARISING OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE. We make no warranty that the Site will meet your requirements or be available on an uninterrupted, secure, or error-free basis. We make no warranty regarding the quality, accuracy, timeliness, truthfulness, completeness or reliability of any information or content on the Site.
Indemnity. You will indemnify and hold harmless Preset and its officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any claims, disputes, demands, liabilities, damages, losses, and costs and expenses, including, without limitation, reasonable legal and accounting fees arising out of or in any way connected with (a) your access to or use of the Site, (b) your User Content, or (c) your violation of these Terms.
Limitation of Liability.
- TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY THE LAW OF THE APPLICABLE JURISDICTION, NEITHER PRESET NOR ANY OTHER PARTY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING, OR DELIVERING THE SITE WILL BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR DAMAGES FOR LOST PROFITS, LOST REVENUES, LOST SAVINGS, LOST BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY, LOSS OF DATA OR GOODWILL, SERVICE INTERRUPTION, COMPUTER DAMAGE OR SYSTEM FAILURE OR THE COST OF SUBSTITUTE SERVICES OF ANY KIND ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THESE TERMS OR FROM THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), PRODUCT LIABILITY OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT PRESET OR ANY OTHER PARTY HAS BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE, EVEN IF A LIMITED REMEDY SET FORTH HEREIN IS FOUND TO HAVE FAILED OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
- TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY THE LAW OF THE APPLICABLE JURISDICTION, IN NO EVENT WILL PRESET’S TOTAL LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THESE TERMS OR FROM THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE EXCEED ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100).
- THE EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS OF DAMAGES SET FORTH ABOVE ARE FUNDAMENTAL ELEMENTS OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN PRESET AND YOU.
Governing Law and Forum Choice. These Terms and any action related thereto will be governed by the the laws of the State of California, without regard to its conflict of laws provisions. The exclusive jurisdiction for all disputes between you and Preset will be the state and federal courts located in the Northern District of California, and you and Preset each waive any objection to jurisdiction and venue in such courts.
- Entire Agreement. These Terms constitute the entire and exclusive understanding and agreement between Preset and you regarding the Site, and these Terms supersede and replace all prior oral or written understandings or agreements between Preset and you regarding the Site. If any provision of these Terms is held invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, that provision will be enforced to the maximum extent permissible and the other provisions of these Terms will remain in full force and effect. You may not assign or transfer these Terms, by operation of law or otherwise, without Preset’s prior written consent. Any attempt by you to assign or transfer these Terms, without such consent, will be null. Preset may freely assign or transfer these Terms without restriction. Subject to the foregoing, these Terms will bind and inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns.
- Notices. Any notices or other communications provided by Preset under these Terms will be given: (i) via email; or (ii) by posting to the Site. For notices made by email, the date of receipt will be deemed the date on which such notice is transmitted.
- Waiver of Rights. Preset’s failure to enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not be considered a waiver of such right or provision. The waiver of any such right or provision will be effective only if in writing and signed by a duly authorized representative of Preset. Except as expressly set forth in these Terms, the exercise by either party of any of its remedies under these Terms will be without prejudice to its other remedies under these Terms or otherwise.